Background

Friday, June 14, 2013

Equality Soap 2.0

I'm sorry it's taken so long to post pictures of my two newest soaps, but I've been working on making my own light box (blog post on that to come...) and simply haven't gotten around to it.

For the Equality Soap, I was disappointed that the green color morphed in the cold process soap.  Even though the site where I purchased the colorant said it was safe in high PH products like cold process soap, it just didn't do what I wanted.  I have had good luck with BB's Green Chrome pigment, and I had previously made a number of small Christmas tree guest soaps using that pigment that were a perfect green for the rainbow color scheme.

I chose my 3 least favorite Equality bars and shredded them down and separated the colors (and excluded the gross maroon color that was supposed to be green.  I'm sure that it will be lovely embedded in a different soap, though!).  I also shredded 2 of the small tree guests soaps for the green color I needed in the rainbow color pattern I wanted.

I really love the confetti look of this soap!  


I scented it with WSP's Pure Rain fragrance oil, because I was looking for a clean, ozone-y scent for this rainbow soap.  I mixed a white batter to a medium trace and poured 1/6 of the white batter with the shredded red color.  I did the same with the other 5 colors, ending up with the violet color on the top.

This made a HUGE bar - it will be over 6 oz when cured!!  Here's another photo:


I also ordered the heart tube mold at WSP, because I was inspired by the adorable soaps that Jennifer has been making with the mold.  I have been really loving the Pinkberry Mimosa fragrance oil from WSP also, and I made this batch with pink kaolin clay for the bottom part (and the top) and BB's Gold Mica for the top portion.  I am so happy with how this turned out! 

I'm sure I say this after most of my soaps, but this may be my new favorite :) I even am loving the halo effect that the cocoa powder is creating around the heart and throughout the pencil line.



{When I was looking at these pictures with my chin in my hand, I swore I could smell the fragrance.  Then I realized I WAS smelling the fragrance - since I just finished photographing these soaps, the smell was still there...  Maybe it's time to call it a night!}

Hope you all enjoy the weekend!  It feels like it's been raining every day since it stopped snowing in May, but tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be gorgeous, so I plan to be outside, celebrating with friends!

~Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. They are both pretty,Chrissy! I love the top on your heart-y soap and your confetti one is so colourful! I have shreds of my own,but have so much ideas for new soaps,that they're still sitting in the box and waiting their 'lucky day'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the confetti soap looks very good, love the design!
    And the heart soap is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rainbow confetti soap Chrissy, and that heart soap is so pretty with the pencil line and definition around the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on both soaps, Chrissy! I love the confetti look of the Equality soap, and the heart embed soap is stunning! The pencil line is so neat and clean around the heart and between the two layers. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both soaps are great! I really love the confetti look, it's so fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog while reading about LisaLise's facial cleansing bars, and her readers' versions, and I discovered your soaps. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts, comments and / or questions, but inappropriate language or spammy comments will be removed. I try to respond to all comments, so check back!