I was playing around with some pistachio butter I picked up from Brambleberry when it was on sale as well as some sunflower oil that I had hanging around, and came up with this: (cue angels singing...)
Oh soap, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
- The lather lasts the perfect amount of time with my sponge. I only have to load up my sponge once to get my whole body.
- The scent is nice and refreshing, but not overpowering.
- My skin feels so lovely and soft when I step out of the shower.
- The charcoal and clay are exfoliating, but not in a scrubby way. I can't use scrubby soaps in the winter - it gives me either really dry skin or rashiness.
- The bar lasts a very long time, even with nearly daily use.
- It was surprisingly inexpensive to make.
- I could probably go on and on, but 7 seems like a perfect number to end this at :)
I am so excited about this recipe! I am going to try it out with some different designs, colorants and fragrances now to see how it behaves in other situations. I also received an order of babassu oil in the mail this week, so I will probably work that in here, since it's such a great non-greasy emollient.
Sorry for the pictures - I'll start working on better quality photos going forward, but happy soaping everyone! Stay warm...